Loveless.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saints - Take 3

2 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Saints - Take 3 - Page 9 Empty Re: Saints - Take 3

Post  Chelsea<3 Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:26 am

"Well lots of whores wear red lipstick." Valafar pointed out, speeding up on the isolated dirt road that lead to and from the plantation.

"And I didn't go to a meeting last night, the conference room was locked up when I got there, granted I did arrive fairly late. I thought they had just wrapped up early and no one bothered to tell me." Valafar shrugged, golden eyes glancing in the rear view mirror for a quick second just in time to see the last of the home.

He couldn't help but notice Abbadon wasn't in the home when they left and his hope was that a large, winged creature didn't scratch his car in attempt to rip the pretty thing sitting beside him guts out. He valued the car more than the girl, but he wasn't quite ready to give up Abbadon's play thing either - she presented to much opportunity.

"If you're talking about the one I work with, then Stella Eliseus." Valafar's eyes continued to scan the surroundings for any sign of Abbadon until he felt they had reached a safe distance.

" He brought her into the business, actually. She had a thing with Abbadon a few years ago - I don't know if I would say they dated. They frequented some kink clubs in New Orleans together, I think she was into burlesque too - she's quite the show off, likes to the center of attention and put on a pedestal. They spent a lot of time together but refused to put anything official onto what they had going on." Valafar reached for the polarized aviators clipped above the sun visor while merging onto the empty highway towards the New Orleans.

He hoped the fabricated story would hold up, it seemed like Peyton was grasping for any answer that differed from the one Abbadon had given her so it looked favorable.

Abbadon had gone soft in Valafar's opinion. In the past hundred years he had watched the once fearsome demon become more human with every passing summer. He had stood side by side with Abbadon terrorizing entire countries - raping and pillaging whoever and whatever they came across. As the public fear of monsters faded, the monsters sunk back to their shadows but Valafar refused to let the demon forget his past, what he had come from, and what he was made for. He didn't care how many stupid girls died on the way make Abbadon remember what he was.

"I don't recall any sort of nasty break up, the flame just seemed to fade and neither one of them cared enough to revive it. They loved what they had, but they knew when to let it die and find the next adventure. Admirable, really."

Chelsea<3
Admin

https://loveless.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Saints - Take 3 - Page 9 Empty Saints - Take 3

Post  AshBash Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:06 am

Peyton bristled at the idea of Abbadon and Stella being intimately involved prior to her meeting him in Chicago some months ago.

Hearing the story of a sexy, provocative woman , name ex-lover, Abbadon had kept on for business made Peyton want to vomit. It wasn't the random hiccup that relationships sometimes endured, but rather he kept Stella at his disposal and used her as he saw fit.

Had he always kept the open relationship with the other woman? Or was this some new, recent development, rekindling his lustful relationship with Stella?

She began questioning herself, every meeting she stayed at home for, waiting hours on end for Abbadon to return to her, all the while sexing up his business partner and keeping Peyton completely in the dark and at bay.

Did Abbadon only confess that Stella had come onto him because he knew Peyton would notice if he changed clothing and tried to shed the lipstick stained collar? Did things go further than the so-called kissing? Did he bend Stella over the desk in the conference room and fuck her just as he had done to Peyton in his office back in Chicago? Was that a signature of his?

She had to give it to him, he was excellent in keeping those details hidden from her, but mostly she kicked herself for not seeing the signs once again. His pathological lying should have screamed at her enough to fly home weeks ago, but denying the charm he possessed shooed her away from committing to returning north.

Peyton became surprisingly calm and far too quite in the given situation, her sanity pushed to the brink. She was numb from the whirlpool of lies she had been tossed into and left to drown.

Wrapping her arms around her chest, she shifted her gaze toward the lanky man once again. "Did you know? Did you know he's been seeing her? And if so, for how long" She questioned, trying to swallow the lump in her throat.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:02 am

"What do you mean he's seeing her? He's spent almost every day cooped up in that house with you." Valafar feigned innocence. He was right, destroying Abbadon's relationship himself was more fun than waiting on a disastrous payoff that might not eve come.

Mile makers flashed by as Valafar sped along the highway. It had shaped up to be a nice day, the sky was clear of impending thunderheads and in spite of the typical weather one would encounter on a summer day in Louisiana it had cooled off enough to be enjoyable.

"What'd he do? Come home with lipstick on his collar?" He kept his tone light and he pretended to tease her. It was easy to tell the knife was already wedged in deep and he took the opportunity to twist it.

"I don't think he has a thing for her. Abbadon is secretive, but Stella is the exact opposite. If he had her bent over his desk, everyone we work with would know. She's not shy." He followed the exit sign for New Oreleans, staying on lane with a sign that read 'Downtown' with a white arrow pointing towards the road on it.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:48 am

Peyton paled at Valafar's teasing. While she knew it was in his nature to tease those around him, she hadn't expected him to hit the nail on the head so soon, or to be completely oblivious about it.

Opening her mouth to speak, she found herself at a loss for words before sealing it shut again, unsure of what to do with herself. Coming undone was out of the question, she would much rather fall apart on the air plane in front of hundreds of strangers than to let Valafar see her seams being ripped apart.

"That's exactly what he did." Peyton muttered in defeat, rubbing her temples.

"I mean, things were going really well. And then he goes to a meeting as usual and comes back and tells me Stella was draped all over him, but not to worry, he's not interested. Well, clearly he was if he allowed it to happen. It isn't like I'm denying him anything. I fucked him before he went to work, for christ's sake."

Peyton continued on her spiel, half tempted to hit the dashboard with her likely broken hand. Fits of rage were common for her, as she didn't handle her emotions well, but instead, she refrained and held it snugly against her stomach.

"What does she have that I don't? Better tits? A bigger ass? The fact that she's a complete slut and I'm not? Because my mind is eternally blown over here."

Sinking further into the passenger side seat, Peyton glanced out the window.

"Promise me wherever we eat, you'll buy me lots of alcohol."

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:16 am

"You're gorgeous Peyton." Valafar left little room for Peyton to doubt that.

"He shouldn't of done that to you. I'm sorry. I've never known him to play around on women, he's more of a 'one at a time' type guy but I guess temptation just got the better of him. You deserve more than that though." Valafar's hand reached across the console and rested on Peyton's shoulder, giving her a reassuring squeeze.

The sleek sports car made sharp, frequent turns as Valafar navigated through the familiar short streets between the neighborhoods. Antebellum homes were packed tightly between the rows of streets. Tourists clasped maps in their hand as they tried to point out whatever particularly historic one had made it onto the map.

"I'll let you get as intoxicated as you possibly can before boarding a flight." He teased her as nestled the car into a small parking space in front of a steak house on the river.

He could tell by the bandaged hand that Peyton's temper was not one to test - demon or not. Women were fiery either way. As far as he was concerned though, he was doing them both a favor. Abbadon was so concerned about Peyton's safety - so why not chase her off back to Chicago and let her live out her days until she rotted away in a nursing home? Abbadon needed to get his edge back, the human prevented him from carrying out his unholy duties. It was only right if he put them both back in their respective places. A selfless act on Valafar's part.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:47 am

Peyton offered Valafar a warm smile upon his compliment. Despite how aggressive Abbadon had been around the man sitting opposite of her, she found him to be quite amusing and good company. It dawned on her if the reason Abbadon had been so prone to fits and anxiety around Valafar was because he didn't want to let the cat, his past with Stella, out of the bag. Peyton, on the other hand, found Valafar quite charming.

"You know, you've been more honest with me in the span of a few days than Abbadon has been in the entirety of our relationship." She admitted, hopping from the car and stalking over to where Valafar waited for her at the rear bumper of his sleek sports car.

"I appreciate that, your honesty. Even if blunt. I'd rather hear the brutal truth than a lie to ease my mind. Unfortunately too many people choose the latter. You've earned my respect in that sense." Peyton conceded, lightly elbowing him with the same arm her broken hand now hung from.

She slid into a booth where their waitress with unkempt hair and an unresolved acne problem seated and supplied them with menus before scurrying off to who knew where. Flipping through the drink menu first, she settled upon a strawberry daiquiri before turning to steak and steamed vegetables for her meal.

"You should pop in to see me in Chicago sometime." Peyton insisted, finishing up her third daiquiri. "I'm sure I could put you to good use. A face like yours would do so well in my soon-to-be up and running gallery." She insisted, offering him an amused grin.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 am

Valafar couldn't help the amused smile that tugged at the corners of his lips. He had gained the human's trust and respect- how cute. Humans were big on the 'honesty' circuit, even if the truth put them in more danger. He supposed the truth was important though when they could be so easily led astray.

"I would take you up on the offer but I'm not much for cold weather." Valafar laughed as he ordered another beer. He liked his alcohol and he handled it well, besides drunk driving was hardly a concern for a demon.

He picked at the fish on his plate, while it was excellent presented he questioned the 'catch of the day' title unless they were implying they had hooked it straight from the freezer. It was a bit of a disappointment that the riverside restaurant had not made use of the fish market only a few blocks away.

"So, what did you find in the The Solace Mansion? It's a weird place - it's like no one told the house that time kept ticking by after 1850. There are all sorts of ghost and voodoo tales surrounding it but Abbadon won't let anyone on the property to poke around and have their fun. If my house was haunted, I'd be throwing parties, inviting the spirits and hoping one shows up!" He took a long drink from the beer as soon as the waitress set it down.

That was the most truthful thing to leave his lips all day. The home was the center of much speculation and the host of many folktales and many held a truth to them. A few back bayou folks refused to be within miles of the property after the sun set down, while many tourists had been chased off for getting too close to the gate.

"And the paintings? I'm not the only one who finds the similarity off putting, am I?" He pulled off the persona of a chatty drunk well as he rambled on, leaving a trail of just enough information for Peyton to follow.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:42 am

Peyton nodded sipping her drink enthusiastically whilst listening to Valafar ramble on about throwing parties and inviting the spirits of yesterday to enter the dwelling.

The two men differed drastically in nature. Abbadon was uptight and intimidating, while Valafar was light-hearted, playful, and carefree. He was the life of the party, while Abbadon sulked in the corner. How they put up with one another for several years she did not know.

"It's beautiful. So many antiques screaming to have their history told. And this one room, I just found it, it's been untouched for what seems like ages. Inches of dust settling on every square inch of it. Oddly enough there was a pair of women's shoe prints left in the dust that had tread next to the bed, brushing up the dust there." She recalled.

"Though I can sow my oats during the day, it's quite creepy at night.. I can't tell you how many times I've heard or seen something from the corner of my eye that gave me goosebumps and sent me scurrying to Abbadon's room. I'm not a big fan of nightfall in the south. Too many unknowns. Sure, Chicago isn't exactly a safe city, but I know my way around it, and that in itself is how I feel secure. Here I run around like a chicken with my head cut off. I know not which way is up."  Peyton admitted, running her finger along the rim of her glass.

Pushing her half eaten plate away, she leaned forward on the table, amused. "Paintings are a sore spot for me, quite frankly. There was this one, of a woman, and why he felt the need to lie about it is beyond me, but the fight you walked into when we first met was sort of stationed around it. Or more so the inability to say one honest word."

"Had you not been there, my anger probably would have gotten the better of me and I would have ruined some irreplaceable artifact that I would deeply regret until the end of my days."  Peyton mused.

She tipped her drink back and tucked a strand of her blonde hair behind one ear. "Is Abbadon bipolar or something? I swear one moment things are fine, and then the next I'm off to walk the plank." She snorted at the thought, alcohol allowing herself to find humor in it.

Indeed, one moment they were either teasing one another and dancing in the rain or they were fighting to the death and issuing shouting matches. Neither of which ended up with the two of them settling things via angry sex. Instead, she found herself in tears and with a broken hand.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:13 pm

"He let you in his room? That's....odd. He's very private and likes to keep that room locked up tighter than a nun's crotch. I always assumed he kept bodies in it." Valafar examined the asparagus that had been drizzled with a balsamic vinaigrette, carefully lifting it with a fork. He was always willing to try everything, but he had his preferences.

Valafar finally took a bite of the heavily inspected asparagus stem. Chewing thoughtfully for a second as he debated on whether or not he liked it. Needs salt He noted, deciding that ultimately it wasn't that bad as he reached for the salt shaker.

"What about the lady who works there? She's older - short, plump. She's batty, maybe she stumbled into the wrong room to clean one day. It could of been the ghost of the girl that was murdered though. It's good to keep both possibilities open." He gestured with his hands for plump as he poked fun at the existence of the supernatural world.

The restraunt had started to fill with patrons who had come in for late lunch. The waiters and waitresses bustled around as they tried to handle the surge of business men and tourists who crowded the building. Valafar hadn't known the place to be so busy during the week even though they were often quite filled up on the weekends. He supposed that the recent reviews in the paper and the recent ad in the visitor center helped out though.

"That's weird about the painting thing, he's very protective of the antiques though - but you work with art I'm sure you know how to handle a painting regardless of how old it is." He took another long drink of beer before he went back to working on his steak. "I don't think he's bipolar, he's very self critical and he enjoys his space. He'll push everyone away the second he feels they've gotten too close to him. He's independant - likes to be alone."

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:15 pm

Peyton nearly choked on her glass of water as Valafar referenced a nun's crotch being more easily accessible than Abbadon Solace's secret chambers. Why Valafar would know Abbadon didn't take to having anyone in his bedroom, she didn't know, as she thought men didn't dabble in that sort of thing as women did, but she decided to brush the thought aside. Though, the thought of Abbadon being something other than straight was quite amusing.

"I was just recently granted access to that particular part of the house. His room has some amazing pieces of history. The most impressive, in my opinion. Though, no bodies. I'm sorry to disappoint."

The reference the the plump older housekeeper made her smile.

"Ms.Abbott is darling. I doubt she's been in there. She's very specific about what she does and where. Abbadon had said no one had been in there for years except for myself." She insisted, staring at Valafar in amusement as he carefully assessed the piece of asparagus he had speared onto his fork from all angles before bringing it to his mouth.

"It won't bite." She teased.

Peyton began mulling over the idea of a ghost being on the premises. The thought had crossed her mind several times as things went missing, random sounds echoing through the halls, and the strange images she caught from the corners of her eyes at various times in the afternoon.

"Tell me more about the girl who was murdered in the home. I know you gave me the mysterious, tell-tale story, but what do you know specifically about her and the Solace family? While it was of no interest to Abbadon, you have rendered my complete attention." She insisted, leaning forward on her good hand and cocking her head to the side in childlike curiosity.

Strange facts were falling into place for her with Valafar's assistance. Whether it was sorting out peculiar traits, convincing her that he was most comfortable closing people off, or hinting that there was something odd, something more that hadn't been discussed that needed to be put onto the table, she only found these clues with the blonde seated across from her.

Abbadon and the plantation home were too large of a mystery to sort out on her own.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:42 am

"What? You don't think he'd go for a boy if the boy was pretty enough?" Valafar raised an eyebrow at her, his hand raising to cover his mouth as he spoke. While he couldn't say he knew for sure, he had his suspicions. After all they were created to live a life of sin.

Between the murders that had taken place on and off the property. It was hard for him to believe that the old house didn't have a few literal skeletons locked away in a desolate closet or leather trunk.

She probably just hasn't looked in the right places. Valafar concluded.

"I told you what I know." He raised his beer to his lips and gulped the liquid down.

Leading her straight to the lion's den was no fun, he wanted the little lamb to find it own her own. He would just stand there to prevent her from running in the opposite direction after it was too late.

"The tale has become a mixture of facts and folklore, as many things here do. I would suppose all that matters is that more people have gone through those old wrought iron gates than have left." Valafar's crooked smile held enough charisma and confidence to convince the lowest pauper that he was a long lost prince and often blazed the trail for his mischievous endeavors - this was no exception.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:43 am

Peyton, intrigued by Valafar's comment, rose an eyebrow. "Is this your way of trying to tell me the two of you have been involved? She half teased, leaning forward onto the table with a mischievous grin. Honestly, she didn't know if Abbadon would play for both teams, but there was no doubting he preferred the opposite sex even if he did dabble. Either way, the thought itself was entertaining.

Swirling the last bit of strawberry daiquiri in the bottom of her glass, she listened thoughtfully to Valafar's thoughts, fact or fiction, about the old plantation home. While there were strange and unexplainable things happening, she didn't know quite how far her mind should wander into the ghoulish tales and folklore the south was renowned for.

"Well aren't you just a book full of knowledge." Peyton teased, finishing what was her fifth alcoholic beverage that afternoon.

"Unfortunately, I have to go back to what I know and say a few goodbyes. Would you mind bringing me back? I have a cab coming to pick me up in a little under an hour to take me to the airport." She informed him, offering a small, forced smile.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:43 am

"No, no." Valafar brushed off Peyton's question with a laugh.

"I think he'd go for someone less masculine, he certainty wouldn't be the submissive one - that's for sure." He joked about the other man's overbearing, controlling nature.

Hardly the epitome of masculinity himself, it was a bit of a bold statement. He fell somewhere into the gray area of metrosexuality, barley missing the mark of 'manly' because he dressed too well. It didn't cause him many problems though, many women appreciated his taste in clothes and women were what he chased after.

"I'll take you to the airport - there's no sense in going back there after what happened last night. I actually thought that was the plan so I threw your suitcase in the back when you went to talk to Ms Abbott." He could only imagine the house of horrors scene that had played out in the demon's angst and he was hardly in the mood for explaining the swamp full of bones.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:49 am

Peyton nodded at the invitation to skip out on going back to a very irate Abbadon. The last thing she wanted to do was get into yet another fight before she boarded a plane, but not getting a chance to say goodbye seemed a little cold. Even with their unsightly situation, Peyton had more respect for him, unfortunately, than to jump up and leave with no word.

Scooting out of the booth, she grabbed her purse and phone. "I'll call the cab company. I'll only be a minute." She insisted, tossing the long strap over her head and letting it hang across her body before trekking toward the women's restroom.

It took no time at all to explain the mix-up to the cab company, and they were surprisingly polite. It must have been the charm of the south. In Chicago she would have been hung up on abruptly and likely cussed out prior.

Her second phone call, however, was much more nerve wracking. Leaning against the cold, tiled wall, Peyton hit the phone icon located next to Abbadon's name. Sure, a phone call wasn't exactly the way she wanted to go about things but facing him would have been that much harder.

Tapping her nails on the sink, she waited for a familiar, and likely angry voice to pick up on the line.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:49 am

Valafar slipped his card into the leather book that the waitress left on the table in her last trip around.

The dishes and glasses found themselves stacked in a neat pile on the edge of the table. Unlike Abbadon, he didn't thrive in messy chaos - even the smallest item finding its way out of place would irritate him until he could fix it.

"No answer?" Valafar asked, watching Peyton return with a forlorn expression.

The waitress offered an toothy grin as she came around to collect the check. She seemed like the girl from highschool who never aged out of her awkward, acne ridden days.

"Ready?" He chirped, barley taking the time to recover his card before he jumped up from the table.

A blonde woman perched on a bar stool caught his attention. The white ruffled blouse tucked into a business casual charcoal gray skirt was so taunt against her skin that she very well may of been poured into it.

He weighed the situation in his head, trying to decide if she was worth the effort. Ultimately reasoning that he stood little chance as the girl would undoubtedly notice the pretty, young girl he already had with him.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:50 am

Peyton's eyes flashed up toward Valafar's, surprised that he was able to read her like a book. Generally she could keep her emotions on lock, but lately she had been pushed and pulled in too many directions to keep her defenses up and put on a mask.

Taking one last sip from the glass of water she had been provided throughout their meal, she noticed Valafar's attention being directed toward a blonde sitting at the bar. Rolling her eyes, she pushed Valafar's shoulder lightly.

"At least grab her number for later, whore." Peyton teased, shoving her phone into the back pocket of her jeans.

"Tell her I'm your sister or something." She added, winking at him before heading toward the double doors at the front of the building, hoping Valafar would take her up on the offer to pawn the situation off as a man taking his sister to the airport.

A quick moment alone in the parking lot would do her some good. It would give her time to compose a quick, goodbye text that Abbadon could read later, as she was too nervous earlier to leave a message on his voicemail.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:14 am

"I'll pass." Valafar scrutizied the woman while she was distracted with another drink.

She had been enough to catch his eye but not beautiful enough to keep it. Her nose was to flat against her face and the start of a nasty scar poked up from her shirt collar and wound around the base of neck. The business types tended to be wired shut too tightly for his adventureous taste anyway.

"Let's go." Valafar ushered Peyton through the bustling restaraunt until they stood outside, underneath the french style balcony that was common throughout the city

"The airport isn't far from here, 15 minutes - give or take." Traffic had picked up as was typical with rush hour in the business district.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:14 am

The car ride to the airport seemed to drag on, and was filled with a surprisingly comfortable silence, allowing her to think, no doubt. Perhaps Valafar was the more considerate of the two southern men in her life, despite the aura he wore most of the time.

"Thank you for lunch. It was very.. informative." Peton insisted. If nothing else, she came away with a clearer picture of Abbadon and Stella's relationship, because the rest of her and Valafar's drunken chit chat only caused more chaos and confusion to roll through her mind that she would eventually be forced to settle.

The sound of her flight being called to board over the intercom made her heart catch in her throat. The finality of it all finally approaching.

"I suppose I'm ready as ever to leave. If I left anything at Abbadon's, could you make sure Ms.Abbott boxes it up and sends it to me? She has my address." She mumbled, wrapping her fingers around the handle of her suitcase.

"If you ever change your mind about letting me use you and your million dollar face, let me know." Peyton insisted, reaching up to give him a quick peck on the cheek.

While she normally wouldn't show any affection what-so-ever, she decided to offer him a quick goodbye kiss. It was affectionate, and how she tended to say goodbye to those "close" to her, but not pushing the boundaries. Even if she and Abbadon had split, she was still preoccupied with how he perceived her.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Chelsea<3 Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:54 am

Abbadon's thumb rubbed over the stiff, navy blue velvet box he held in his hand. Embossed in flamboyant silver script was the name 'Boucheron', though the letters were illegible under harsh florescent lights that lined the hallway.

After searching high and low, inside and out, the thin silver anklet had not been found any where in the home. Instead, it was found tarnished and snapped in half - threaded into the Spanish moss on a cypress tree on the edge of the swamp.

He wasn't sure whether or not some obscure earnest part of him had actually wanted to return the sentimental anklet, but it was easily wagered that it was an excuse to try and redeem himself in Peyton's eyes. You didn't trek half way around the world to return a mangled, silver plated strand without an underlying motive.

It hardly looked like the same piece anymore. It had been taken apart and replated before being pieced back together, polished and boxed up.

Abbadon wasn't sure that it mattered. He wasn't sure if any of it mattered.

His knuckles rapped against the door much harder than he had anticipated sending an echo through the empty corridor. His weight shifted uncomfortable from foot to foot as he waited to see Peyton peek through the door opening.

He bit his lip, wondering if she had moved on. It wouldn't surprise him given how upset she had been when she had left, though he could hardly blame her.Still, the thought of her laying on another man's chest at night stung.

Chelsea<3
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:39 am

Peyton's laughter was cut through by the loud banging at her front door. Taking another sip from her glass of wine, she set it onto the coffee table positioned in front of the couch and handed over her portfolio of photographs to her assistant, Ryan Matthews

"Sounds like dinner is here. Pull a few more from that album that you think will flow smoothly with the rest of the collection, yeah? I'm ready to pull my hair out thanks to the short notice Sean gave me." Peyton instructed, grabbing her wallet from the minibar near the front door and fumbling for a pair of twenty dollar bills.

Pulling the door open, she paled immediately. The last person she had expected to show up at her door was Abbadon Solace. After three months of complete silence, she had tried to put her trip to the south and ex lover on the back burner of her mind.

"Abbadon. What are you doing here?" She questioned, stuffing the money into her back pocket before glancing over her shoulder toward the living room.

Stepping out of the doorway, she motioned for him to enter the apartment. "Um, this is my assistant, Ryan. Ryan, this is Mr.Solace, an old friend of mine." She offered, completely uncomfortable with the situation that was just put onto the table.

Ryan, still sitting sipping his glass of wine, glanced up from the photo albums with wary eyes. He was good looking, brunette with a short well kept beard. "Ryan Matthews." He said, tone clipped.

Shifting uncomfortably, she crossed her arms across her chest. "Ryan, do you think we could pick this up tomorrow at work?" She prodded.

Rising, the brunette walked over to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Call me if you need anything." He warned, quickly glancing up toward the man who towered above him before giving Peyton a stern look.

Nodding, she offered him a small smile and locked the door behind him. With a heavy sigh, Peyton turned back to Abbadon. "I didn't expect to hear from you again." She muttered, timid.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 am

Ryan Matthews. Abbadon mulled the mundane name over his mind while scrutinizing every detail of the man who stood in front of him. It left him wondering if Mr. Matthews had simply had too much to drink or if he always looked to pick fights that were too big for him.

"Abbadon Solace, and I can assure you she does not need your assistance."

He stepped into the doorway just enough to block the exist, eyeing down the man who barley reached his chest before letting him weasel his way down the hall.

"I didn't think you would want to hear from me." Abbadon admitted with his hands pressed tight into his wool coat. He maintained most of his innocence from the night with Stella, but he knew that Peyton didn't care for his apologies or admissions - she didn't believe them anyway.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Peyton began stacking the photo albums that contained hundreds of photographs she had taken over the years next onto the coffee table before motioning Abbadon toward the couch. She almost regretted not using the peephole that was mandatorily drilled into each of the apartment doors.

His explanation for showing up out of the blue was enough to pacify Peyton for a moment. "Would you like a glass?" She questioned, grabbing Ryan's nearly empty glass of wine and heading for the small and rarely used kitchen.

Without waiting for an answer, she grabbed an additional glass and a new bottle of wine that had been sitting on the top shelf of her refrigerator, beckoning to be drank.

"Honestly, I'm not certain I would have answered if you called." She added, taking a seat next to him on her small, black microfiber couch and offering him the empty glass she held

AshBash

Back to top Go down

"I know." Abbadon said as he uncomfortably took a seat on the couch with his hands folded onto his lap. Oddly enough, he was at a loss of what to say to her.

Their last encounter had ended poorly, neither of them able to handle the stress that Stella had placed onto their relationship. Though his stress took a much more frightening form. He told himself to stay away from Peyton because he knew that his presence would be of no benefit to her.

His distate towards Ryan had little to do with Peyton though and much to do with a hatred of anyone more arrogant than himself.

"I brought you something."

Abbadon pulled the elongated velvet box from his coat pocket as Peyton returned with the wine. He slid it across the polished hardwood coffee table that had been covered in miscelanious photos moments before. The box was much more elegantly presented in the more forgiving light of the living room, a soft halo cast around the edges and the silver piping illuminated.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:00 am

Peyton filled both of their glasses with wine as she eyed the neatly packaged box Abbadon had set onto the impeccibly neat coffee table. She gently set the bottle down and picked up the elongated box, examining the still closed box carefully before glancing in his direction.

"You can't buy me something to make up for what happened, Abbadon. It doesn't work like that." She said softly, running her fingers over the word inscribed in silver along the dark velvet box before placing it back into his hand and wrapping his fingers around it.

Looking at what he had bought her would make the situation all that much worse. She didn't want to accept another momento, a token of his affection, when the relationship had thrown them both overboard.

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, she turned on the couch so that she was now facing him.

"Why didn't you tell me about you and Stella?" She questioned, her voice betraying the impassive look she wore.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  AshBash Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:01 am

"I didn't buy you anything." Abbadon stated simply. "You don't have to look at it now, but it's not mine and I'm not leaving with it."

Abbadon had never been one to take 'no' for an answer. He carefully placed the velvet box back on the coffee tablet, positioning it so that it was within arms reach of Peyton. The anklet had meant something to her and a lot of effort had been put into retreving and repairing it, he refused to carry it back with him.

"What do you mean? I told you as soon as I could. I told everything there was to know about Stella and I but there isn't much to it." His brow furrowed into a puzzled expression.

He looked back at the night with many regrets. It was the straw that broke the camels back in their turbulant relationship. Everytime he gained an inch, he was pushed back several in the seemingly pointless battle of Peyton's affections.

AshBash

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next